THE GREEN LINK PROJECT ENDS SUCCESSFULLY!
We are happy to announce that one of our success stories, LIFE The Green Link (LIFE15 CCA/ES/000125), finalises with outstanding results after 5 years of implementation. This initiative has generated significant positive impacts, with 29,091 trees planted in 4 European countries, Greece, Italy, Portugal and Spain.
The Cocoon technology has proven to be a key strategy for ecosystems restoration and adaptation to climate change, providing significantly higher tree survival rates, especially in degraded land and areas with water scarcity issues.
Some of the project achievements include:
- Validation of the Cocoon Eco-Technology as an essential tool to achieve tree survival rates up to 85% in degraded lands.
- Reduce cost per survived tree until 80% when compared to conventional tree plantings in dry areas.
- More than 600 tons of CO2 eq. captured during the next 40 years.
- Increased awareness among several stakeholders about ecosystem services and the importance of restoring degraded land, with 129 organisations of all sorts involved and more than 9.400 people reached.
- Massive replication reach in 4 different countries, more than 50 locations, more than 7.500 trees planted with Cocoons and many more thousands without.
Further info and all project materials (e.g., Layman’s report, technical documents, results, etc.) can be downloaded from the project website.